About This Episode
Meet Bryce Garcia. Bryce works in sales for a SaaS company by day and is building his own collection of STRs by night.
When Bryce’s mom found out he had bought a condo in Austin, site unseen, during the middle of the pandemic, and planned to live in one room and rent out the other on Airbnb she thought he had gone NUTS.
But when Bryce made enough money over one holiday weekend to pay his mortgage for the month, she told Bryce’s father, “maybe the kid is on to something.”
In this episode, Bryce and I talk about:
- How to get into the game as a new STR investor
- The tech stack you need from 0 - 3 properties
- How to use Twitter to grow your brand and business as an STR entrepreneur
- The best people to follow on Twitter for tips on STR investing and business building
- And lots more.
This week's episode is brought to you by Guesty for Hosts.
One of the questions I get asked a lot from listeners is what they should look for in a PMS or Property Management System.
Now, we’re lucky — there are a lot of great options in the market, which can’t be said for software platforms in all industries.
That said, I always encourage them to take a good look at Guesty for Hosts — and here’s why:
1. Guesty’s Channel Manager helps you centralize data across the major booking platforms and stay on top of all activity on your listings without having to hop back and forth between channels such as Airbnb, Booking.com and Vrbo.
2. Guesty’s automation tools enable you to ensure you connect with guests in a meaningful, creative, and instant fashion. You can make custom messages for a variety of situations, from a response to an initial inquiry to a post check-out follow up encouraging your guests to leave a review.
3. It includes a Website Builder feature that allows you to create your own branded booking website in just minutes…allowing you to grow your listing’s brand value and increase your direct bookings.
4. And finally, Guesty just raised over $170 million dollars which means they got some serious cash to continue to seriously invest in their product!
So here’s the deal. If you’re a STR host without a PMS system or a host looking to explore a new one, I’ve got a treat for you.
The team at Guesty is giving Behind the Stays listeners and Sponstayneous subscribers 20% off of their first year when they use the discount code “SPONSTAYNEOUS” at checkout.
Get started with a 14 day free trial today — no credit card, set up fee, or commitment required — and cancel anytime if you don't love it.
Once your 14 day free trial is up, use the discount code “SPONSTAYNEOUS” for 20% off of your first year. Guesty for Hosts — it’s the bestie of top-rated STR super hosts.
About the Show
Behind the Stays is brought to you twice a week by Sponstayneous — a free, biweekly newsletter that brings subscribers the best last-minute deals and upcoming steals on Airbnb.
You can subscribe, for free, at www.sponstayneous.com.
Behind the Stays is hosted by Zach Busekrus, co-founder of Sponstayneous, you can connect with him on Twitter at @zboozee.
About the Host
Co-Founder of Sponstayneous
Zach is the Co-Founder of Sponstayneous, a weekly newsletter that brings subscribers the best last-minute deals and upcoming steals on Airbnb. When COVID hit, he and his wife Gabby broke out of the lease on their 750-square foot apartment in Washington, DC to beta test the digital nomad lifestyle. Zach and Gabby have spent the past year living full-time on Airbnb — they've stayed in 50+ homes to date!