About This Episode
Meet Tim Harper, an innovator who left the digital marketing world to create Bubble Retreats, a unique hospitality experience in Victoria, Australia.
This episode takes you through Tim's inspiring journey from a memorable stargazing night in France to becoming a winner in Airbnb's OMG campaign.
In this conversation, Tim and I explore:
- Tim's transition from online marketing to hands-on entrepreneurship in the hospitality sector.
- The birth of Bubble Retreats: How a transparent tent in France sparked an innovative idea.
- Overcoming the challenges of building a unique property with no prior construction experience.
- The strategy behind choosing bubble structures for a standout guest experience.
- Winning Airbnb's prestigious OMG competition and the journey from concept to reality.
- Future plans for Bubble Retreats: Expansion, partnerships, and creating a sustainable business model.
- And so much more
This episode is brought to you by Hostlabs — Say goodbye to the daily hassle of running your short-term rental business. Free up your time and watch your business thrive with Hostlabs. Learn more and qualify for an exclusive discount here.
Recent episodes you might enjoy:
- The Future of Vacation Rental Management Companies — Stories and Ideas from a Former VRMA President
- A Panel Discussion on the Future of Short-Term Rental Investing with Wander, Techvestor, and Arrived
- How They’re Building a New Hotel Brand from Scratch
Have you signed up for Ping yet?
Ping makes it easy for guests to be notified when their favorite Airbnbs become available — and it's the secret tool the best Airbnb hosts use to maximize bookings.
Sign up today at bnbping.com
About the Show
Behind the Stays is brought to you twice a week by Sponstayneous — a free, biweekly newsletter that brings subscribers the best last-minute deals and upcoming steals on Airbnb.
You can subscribe, for free, at www.sponstayneous.com.
Behind the Stays is hosted by Zach Busekrus, co-founder of Sponstayneous, you can connect with him on Twitter at @zboozee.
About the Host
Co-Founder of Sponstayneous
Zach is the Co-Founder of Sponstayneous, a weekly newsletter that brings subscribers the best last-minute deals and upcoming steals on Airbnb. When COVID hit, he and his wife Gabby broke out of the lease on their 750-square foot apartment in Washington, DC to beta test the digital nomad lifestyle. Zach and Gabby have spent the past year living full-time on Airbnb — they've stayed in 50+ homes to date!