About This Episode
Meet John Andrew Entwistle, Founder and CEO of Wander, one of the most exciting startups in the travel and hospitality space today.
John Andrew had a non-traditional schooling experience. He started and ran a game server company when he was just 13 years old, so focusing on homework wasn’t a high priority.
In high school, John Andrew and his father agreed that an online option would be best for him as it’d allow him the opportunity to continue to pursue his projects and build companies.
In this episode of Behind the Stays, John Andrew talks about:
-being raised by a single dad
- how he started and grew his second company Coder
- what it was like being a Thiel Fellow
- and, of course, the past, present and future of Wander — a company on a missions to verticalize the 100B+ short-term rental industry with a network of smart vacation homes in inspiring places that guests can control from their phones.
This episode is brought to you by our friends at AirDNA.
I receive questions ALL the time from listeners who want to get started in STR investing and or who want to scale their portfolio on what resources I recommend they tap into.
Here are three reasons I always recommend an AirDNA subscription:
1. AirDNA offers the most accurate data platform in the industry and is trusted by small- and large-scale investors across the globe.
2. Their easy-to-use tools unlock access to millions of data points on any property, anywhere, so you can start your journey to financial freedom with confidence.
3. You can even enter any address in the world to find out how much it’d earn as a vacation rental — how cool is that?
If you’re interested in getting into the STR game or taking your game a bit more seriously, I’ve got some exciting news for you.
AirDNA is giving Behind the Stays listeners 20% off their first 3 months of any MarketMinder subscription or an additional 20% off any annual MarketMinder subscription.
Use the discount code BTS20 at checkout!
Behind the Stays Subscriber Survey — please take 5 minutes to complete this survey so that we know how we can make the show even better!
About the Show
Behind the Stays is brought to you twice a week by Sponstayneous — a free, biweekly newsletter that brings subscribers the best last-minute deals and upcoming steals on Airbnb.
You can subscribe, for free, at www.sponstayneous.com.
Behind the Stays is hosted by Zach Busekrus, co-founder of Sponstayneous, you can connect with him on Twitter at @zboozee.
About the Host
Co-Founder of Sponstayneous
Zach is the Co-Founder of Sponstayneous, a weekly newsletter that brings subscribers the best last-minute deals and upcoming steals on Airbnb. When COVID hit, he and his wife Gabby broke out of the lease on their 750-square foot apartment in Washington, DC to beta test the digital nomad lifestyle. Zach and Gabby have spent the past year living full-time on Airbnb — they've stayed in 50+ homes to date!