About This Episode
Meet Nate Ritter — founder of Room Steals, a travel membership that provides customers with incredible deals on hotel rooms.
Nate is a technology executive who has started, bought, and sold companies and who has also consulted for companies like Microsoft and Land Rover.
Fun fact — Nate also popularized the use of the hashtag on Twitter…pretty cool, huh?
In this episode, we talk about:
- Where the idea for Room Steals came from and how it compares to Expedia and other OTAs
- How to build a productized experience for your STR collection
- Hot takes on the future of travel and hospitality
- What it’s like to live full time in an RV as a family of 5
This week's episode is brought to you by Guesty for Hosts.
One of the questions I get asked a lot from listeners is what they should look for in a PMS or Property Management System.
Now, we’re lucky — there are a lot of great options in the market, which can’t be said for software platforms in all industries.
That said, I always encourage them to take a good look at Guesty for Hosts — and here’s why:
1. Guesty’s Channel Manager helps you centralize data across the major booking platforms and stay on top of all activity on your listings without having to hop back and forth between channels such as Airbnb, Booking.com and Vrbo.
2. Guesty’s automation tools enable you to ensure you connect with guests in a meaningful, creative, and instant fashion. You can make custom messages for a variety of situations, from a response to an initial inquiry to a post check-out follow up encouraging your guests to leave a review.
3. It includes a Website Builder feature that allows you to create your own branded booking website in just minutes…allowing you to grow your listing’s brand value and increase your direct bookings.
4. And finally, Guesty just raised over $170 million dollars which means they got some serious cash to continue to seriously invest in their product!
So here’s the deal. If you’re a STR host without a PMS system or a host looking to explore a new one, I’ve got a treat for you.
The team at Guesty is giving Behind the Stays listeners and Sponstayneous subscribers 20% off of their first year when they use the discount code “SPONSTAYNEOUS” at checkout.
Get started with a 14 day free trial today — no credit card, set up fee, or commitment required — and cancel anytime if you don't love it.
Once your 14 day free trial is up, use the discount code “SPONSTAYNEOUS” for 20% off of your first year. Guesty for Hosts — it’s the bestie of top-rated STR super hosts.
About the Show
Behind the Stays is brought to you twice a week by Sponstayneous — a free, biweekly newsletter that brings subscribers the best last-minute deals and upcoming steals on Airbnb.
You can subscribe, for free, at www.sponstayneous.com.
Behind the Stays is hosted by Zach Busekrus, co-founder of Sponstayneous, you can connect with him on Twitter at @zboozee.
About the Host
Co-Founder of Sponstayneous
Zach is the Co-Founder of Sponstayneous, a weekly newsletter that brings subscribers the best last-minute deals and upcoming steals on Airbnb. When COVID hit, he and his wife Gabby broke out of the lease on their 750-square foot apartment in Washington, DC to beta test the digital nomad lifestyle. Zach and Gabby have spent the past year living full-time on Airbnb — they've stayed in 50+ homes to date!